Text Revision

Welcome to the Mayhem discussion boards. News and site suggestions go here.

Text Revision

Postby Maugh » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 pm

All right, so my own copy editing capabilities are, shall we say, poor.

Accordingly, we have a good friend who is a copy editor who has volunteered to edit the whole book. Also, as we have gotten people to play the game, they have found a few other minor errors and inconsistencies.

Please keep in mind that the fourth edition of DND had over 200 playtesters and game designers working on it for more than 5 years to deliver a polished project. We are a very small team, which has consisted mostly of myself and whoever I can get to play the games on any given weekend. We are fixing problems as they come up, and will be releasing a new book, with all of these edits, for the Salt Lake Comicon.

If you already bought a book, we apologize for the minor errors and hope you have enjoyed the book anyway. If you see us at the comicon, Talk to us about trading the book in for a new one at a significant discount.

If you notice any minor problems when playtesting. PLEASE LET US KNOW. We've gone over the book until our eyes bled, but sometimes we miss things because we're trying to wipe the blood out of our eyes!
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Re: Text Revision

Postby TheMatt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:32 pm

I fear you may need to bleed some money to get some serious copy-editting done. Perhaps something that can be outsourced to Mechanical Turk?

Or perhaps just a thread for people to note issues.
"I can't tell if what you are saying is too profound for me to understand, or just insane".
TheMatt

Return to Welcome to the Forums