Digital CCG, LCG, & Deckbuilding

This is a sandbox for other projects. Usable by anyone.

Digital CCG, LCG, & Deckbuilding

Postby TheMatt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:54 am

Jeff Good: I'll also just note that the resurgence in card games hasn't really been in the paper CCG space. It has been in digital only CCGs, deckbuilding games, and Fantasy Flight's LCGs which remove the random packs and collectibility (and thus the secondary market).

From Board/Card Designers Guild
"I can't tell if what you are saying is too profound for me to understand, or just insane".
TheMatt

Re: Digital CCG, LCG, & Deckbuilding

Postby Maugh » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:05 am

LCG's are awesome, (and no, despite what their lawyers say, they are -not- just fantasy flights games.) Dominion is technically an LCG.

Digital CCG's are suuuper common. And mostly terrible. M:tg being an exception. I really don't understand them. If I'm going to play a video game, I often don't have the patience to point and click things. It needs to be more immersive than that.

It's worth noting that the best of the simluated card games directly mimic live games, (androminion, MTGO, Hearthstone.)

I'd rather play a live card game. You know, with people.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Re: Digital CCG, LCG, & Deckbuilding

Postby TheMatt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:01 am

Netrunner was fun, and I kind of want to get that. But I really want 4player games. A 5 player LCG would be amazing...

Clint was really into online Dominion. I could never get into it. The card color/design matters to me strangely much, and online cards are just..text.

Easier to simulate a cardgame than create one from scratch. Hangman has been implemented 2.9 million bajillion times.

You miss the essence of digital CCG--there is always someone online to play with. And with smartphones, always 5-10 minutes to play.
"I can't tell if what you are saying is too profound for me to understand, or just insane".
TheMatt

Return to Side projects