'Shapeshifter'

This is a sandbox for other projects. Usable by anyone.

'Shapeshifter'

Postby Matt' » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:40 am

I DO like the Dresden files 'reduced refresh' rule--fewer points each round, but fewer abilities. Wonder if something like that could be built in, maybe between mana/turn and cards drawn/turn....probably a different game.

"You play as a semi-divine shape-shifting wizard, battling a counterpart for control".

Your naagaloshi has two scores: Draw and refresh. Draw determines how many cards you draw at the end of your turn, and refresh determines how much mana you get. Battles are part magical and part physical, with each contestant taking different shapes during the course of combat, with different strengths and weaknesses. Direct magical attacks (primarily elemental) are interspersed with the physical attacks.
Matt'

Re: 'Shapeshifter'

Postby Maugh » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:57 am

One of the magi in MND did this, with the energize of 8 and no draw, but you could reduce your energize at the beginning of the turn to draw one card at the end for each number you reduced it by.

The card was a honey trap. Always looked so fascinating, but I never did get it to work well at all.

Fascinating gimmick, though.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Matt' » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Lot of granularity there--0 to 8.
0-8, 1-7, 2-6, 3-5, 4-4, 5-3, 6-2, 7-1, 8-0
9 Possible settings.

Most the mtg 'shapeshifters' only come with 2 or 3 settings.
Original shapeshifter had 6 settings. (0/7 to 6/1).
Matt'

Postby TheMatt » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:12 pm

So set the granularity pretty small, with no capacity to set either to zero--so you always draw something. (ie, like shapeshifter could only be 6/1). And set a small range. 1/4, 2/3, 3/2, 4/1
"I can't tell if what you are saying is too profound for me to understand, or just insane".
TheMatt

Postby TheMatt » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Pulling from Starwars CCG-Every turn, draw 7. Each card costs X to play. Pay X by discarding X cards. Allows you to cycle your hand pretty efficiently, less issue with 'dead cards', and you are never mana screwed.

Starwars had two discard piles though: Discarded and Removed From Game. Destroyed units and once per game effects went into the second pile. Think discards were face down. Might even have been discarded to bottom of deck.
"I can't tell if what you are saying is too profound for me to understand, or just insane".
TheMatt

Return to Side projects